This release has little in the way of new content. I’m putting it out there because people were having problems with the control mapping earlier. I made major changes to the input handling and want to see if that has been fixed on their end.
- -Firing a weapon while out of ammo only makes the clicking noise once per button press.
- -There is now a global twelve frame delay for walljumps.
- -Mouse is no longer locked to the game while in menues.
- -Overhauled all control-handling and converted to better gamepad functions. Should be more compatible.
- -Gamepad and KB/M controls no longer work simultaneously during gameplay.
- -Gamepad controls may now be reconfigured.
- -Left analog stick now maps to the direction controls.
- -The spinning menues are now clickable!
- -Map loading is now another 30% faster.
- -Added a section in the tutorial level that better conveys that you can walljump.
- -Optimized collision checks where they occur along a line. Switched to a uniform collision model that will work for objects of arbitrary size.
- -Various particle effects now have corrected drawing depth and pixel alignment.
- -Added new scrap pickups instead of coins. (They twinkle!)
- -Added a chocolate diamond item.
- -Pickup items’ physics are improved.
- -Junkies can now hop over walls that they are flush against. Stupid Junkies.
- -Removed FPS counter
- -Made changes to the junkyard background