Daily Archives: August 16, 2013
I’m getting closer to finishing this next release.
I have implemented many features and fixed many problems. In fact, I am actually ahead of schedule due to some happy accidents. There are some nice additions that I didn’t know I would be able to add so soon or so fast. However, content remains mostly untouched. It’s the result of how I approach game design from the ground up. So at the moment, adding more enemies, weapons, and tilesets is low priority. That said, I hope to add at least a little bit before this release is done. Other than that, here is what I have left to do.
- -Implement the overworld’s turn system.
- -Add a couple more necessary graphics to the overworld tiles.
- -Add a way to handle persistent stage data. Set up rewards for completing stages.
- -Create a “Settings” menu in the stage editor which allows editing the parallax background, music, and any other options that are added later.
- -Make some placeholder stages that the points of interest on the map lead to.